Vodacom Bulls App – Art Contest Competition
Terms and Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) and the Blue Bulls Company are running the Art Contest Competition (the “Competition”) exclusively on the Vodacom Bulls App.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to all residents of South Africa, 18 years of age or older, who download and register their profile on the Vodacom Bulls App and upload their mask designs on the App during the term of the Competition, which runs for seven (7) consecutive days, from Tuesday, 8 September 2020 until Monday, 14 September 2020 (“End Date”) as follows:
- During the duration of the Competition, as set out above, one (1) lucky entrant stands a chance of winning a cash prize of R5,000 (Five thousand Rand) for the best mask design as decided on by Vodacom. There is an additional prize for the second best mask design of five (5) GB’s of Vodacom Data which will go to one (1) other lucky winner.
- To enter:
3.1. Qualifying entrants will have to download the Vodacom Bulls app, create a profile and upload a mask design during the term of the Competition;
- The Vodacom Bulls players will select each of the two (2) winners which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The winners will be notified within (1) day after being selected and verified.
- Entrants are allowed unlimited attempts during the Competition duration.
- If selected as a winner, entrants must send the requested contact details within two (2) days of being contacted by Openfield.
- All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Openfield) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
- Only entries received during the competition duration as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
- The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
- Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
- The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s existing tariff plan for data use.
- The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
- All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. The winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when they are notified that they have won.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the End Date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winner to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
- Vodacom will contact the winners during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone or email on or after the date of the vote, as set out in paragraph 4 above, using the cell phone number or email provided when registering a profile on the Vodacom Bulls app.
- Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact number provided as above. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 1 (one) working days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
- Should any participant not be available on the contact number or email address provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
- In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
- Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
- Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
- The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
- Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
- The winner’s names and location may be displayed onwww.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
- Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their images and/or likenesses being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as the winners. The winners may decline the use of their images and/or likenesses by Vodacom.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
- The prizes will be sent with a courier service to the winners’ physical addresses only. No prize will be delivered to a postal address.
- In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winners’ personal information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party for distribution of the prize items and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
- Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
- Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
- Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
- If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.